Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bedroom Re-do!

So, ever since we've been married I've been always wanting to decorate our bedroom. Well, the picture below is what it's looked like for the last year and a half. Orange and bare. We painted it burnt orange right before we got married and I had big plans to make it look awesome with decor. Although, I loved the color, soon after I realized I had no clue how to decorate around it. So, Jeff allowed me to repaint and redecorate! I thought now is the best time time to do it, because hopefully before too long we'll have a little babe and then I know it will just be put off for years. 

My aunt is the queen of decorating. Seriously, that's her talent in life. She is the one that did my whole wedding. She just lives a skip away in St. George, so she was so kind enough to come down and help me with it all. She's awesome. And now she's redoing my boss's whole house after she had seen pictures of my room! 

BEFORE:


So much junk everywhere! That whole pile in the corner has literally sat there since I moved in when we got married {embarrassing, I know}. The main reason Jeff gave me the ok to redo it all is so that pile will be out of there forever! So without further ado...


AFTER!:

The only thing we had to work with that we already had was the duvet cover and the black frames we had gotten from IKEA {which I still have to fill with black and white pictures}. Pretty much everything else you see we got from thrift stores or garage sales.


We already had the duvet cover, so I just picked out the fabric and my aunt made that headboard and the cornice! {I didn't know what that was either, but its the box thing above the window} See, I told you she's awesome.




She also made those wood wall hangings. She got the wood from Home Depot and just did her thang.


My picture collage that took forever. Spray painted all the garage sale/thrift store frames white and put black and white pictures in them. I still have to put pictures in the small ones. I'm gonna put a baby picture of me and Jeff in each of them. That little picture of a clock is set at 1:00... that's the time Jeff and I got married :)



We found that dresser at Salvation Army for $25!!! We were SO happy. It's in great condition. We just painted it white {which also took forever!}. I still have plans to do something with that lamp shade. Maybe put lace all around it or something.

And now we just have to paint the bathroom. I'm thinking apple green to tie in the green pillows on the bed.


There you have it folks! We're really happy with it {when I say "we", I mean "me". Jeff couldn't care less}

It was a fun weekend garage sale-ing and painting and decorating with my Aunt. Thanks Sue!!! I'm in LOVE!

6 comments:

Kate said...

I literally gasped when I saw this. You do have an amazing aunt! I love the colors. It's so pretty and peaceful and everything is super cute. I'm WAY WAY jealous! (Good thinking doing it now-even before pregnancy because you never know if you'll be pukey)

Stewarts said...

You are so cute and creative! I love these pics. Can you come redo my bedroom??? lol Hope you guys are doing well! Tell Jeff hi for Jimmy and I. :)

Mom said...

Couldn't be cuter! I love it! Your aunt really has the magic touch.

thinkHP said...

YAY! is that the pictures up on the wall!? can't wait to see that all done too! YAY LOOKS GORG!

Sally said...

Carrie--It's so pretty! I'm jealous, too. Our bedroom is seriously lacking. I wish we could paint. Total score on the dresser. And where did you get the big frames above your bed? I'm doing a photo collage in our living room and looking for big (hopefully cheaper) frames.

Amy said...

Carrie this is sooooo cute! I love the color and all the details! You always have a great sense of style. The whole house has gotten better one room at a time since Jeff has had you. Sorry I am the worst blogger ever lately.
I am just been too busy. Mine is way behind and I never get on others either.

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting