Friday, January 14, 2011

As I was sitting at work today, so tired of the non-stop phones calls about Disney On Ice and having anal mothers asking if their 2 week old baby can see from a certain row in the arena, I remembered at that exact moment of annoyance, my family was basking in this completely amazing and holy place known as Isreal. Yeah. They're in Jerusalem. Walking where Christ walked. Seeing where so many incredible events took place. Ahh I'm just so completely jealous!! I want to see where my parents met for the first time-- Yes, my parents met in Jerusalem in their twenties because they were traveling and happened to be staying in the same hostel and my dad saw her in the lobby and knew there was something different about her. Long story short, they wrote letters, they started to date, he got baptized, and they were married in my grandparent's living room and sealed a year later. Hello, how romantic is that!

Anyway, I've been getting emails from them, and this is what I read in the midst of my lame work day:

"Last night we stayed in a hostel with 10 people in bunk beds in a room. Weird- haven't done that in 30 years but it went fine. Yesterday was really nice-- went to Nazareth, the boys swam in the Sea of Galilee, sat on the place of the sermon on the mount. The scriptures really come alive when you see the places they are talking about."

I can only hope that some day Jeff and I can go there! I have to go. I need it.

2 comments:

Jaynee & Dave said...

That is so neat! Going to Jerusalem has been on my bucket list, someday!

Amy said...

How awesome! I would LOVE THAT so much...yep someday for us too! And that chicken story hysterical! I am sure you were just busy and put it away in the cupboard instead of the freezer, when on the phone or something. At least you found the stink, hehehehe.

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting