Saturday, April 10, 2010

Lately

So, lately I've been obsessing over a few different things. The biggest being anything that has to do with interior decorating. I'm always on the look out for cute [cheap] home decor. Even though Jeff could care less about it, I'm so excited to turn this place into our home and not the house that he and his roommates lived in before we got married. I want to decorate this place, because I still feel like his roommate Brady is going to walk through the door, or Troy is going to do his usual routines like come downstairs, open the freezer, take out his frozen peas, walk outside, drop them on the concrete, come in, then go back upstairs. Jeff lived in this house for a while before we got married, so I wanted to make sure we started out with a fun clean slate! Although, I just wish I had a knack for this sort of thing. So don't judge the final product!
I picked out paint color yesterday! I want it to be colorful and fun. This transition should be interesting because Jeff is the king of all neutrals. So I'm sure we'll be doing much compromising!
Why can't cute wall paper be cheap?
sarah9 by erigutt.

Another thing that's been a change is I got another job. This is job #3. We'll see how it goes. It's another Esthetician position at a salon one of my best friends works at. Not sure if it's a conflict of interest working at two spas, but pish posh-- let's be real, I need some cash flow coming in. So now I'll be juggling the three places.
Also, I don't know if marriage has brought out the Martha Stewart in me, but I'm all about doing crafts now. I know, so strange. But I already have one en route that I'll be doing when Jeff is engrossed in this week's episode of Lost.

Who wants to make these with me?



5 comments:

Unknown said...

self-survival...if you need the job, take it. I love doing crafts! On my blog look at "tatertots and Jello" she does way cute stuff thats affordable.

Carrie said...

Hey, that's actually where I got a couple of these-- I love it!

Kate said...

I am with you! I am suddenly more interested in decorating my house than I have ever been. We have a plan to focus on our room first. I wish I could work on crafts with you. Maybe someday:)

Anonymous said...

Hey now, what's wrong with the house that Jeff and his roommates lived in before you got married?? :-) Just kidding, Jeff needs some flamboyancy in his wallpapers.

Amy said...

such cute stuff! sorry I just found this post tonight! I missed it after between Jeff's sweet one. Love the idesa wish I was closer to craft with ya!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting