Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Check Your Box

Ok, before I continue this post, can I just say what an incredible husband I have? I mean, c'mon, people. What men blog and more importantly-- what men blog about the special women in his life? That's my man! I'm so lucky to have him.

Ok, moving along...

So, I've heard many-a-stories of couples taking 4,213,928 years to do their thank you cards. I've read and have been told it's proper to do them by your one year anniversary. Is this for real?! If I got a thank you card from 11 months prior, I don't think I would even remember what gift I gave. I guess hearing many friends say they are close to their one year mark and have yet to complete them or even do them at all, I feel like the Gileses (I hate how redundant that looks, but I guess it's correct) is in pretty good shape! We are just about 7 weeks post wedding and we got almost ALL of our cards sent out! Give or take a few addresses that we haven't been able to get yet, but still! I'm pretty proud. I mean, that's good, right? I guess it has helped having Jeff do his side and me do my side. He's so helpful. Love him. Anyway, just giving you an exciting life update. This is our life. And it's exciting.

thank_you.jpg

6 comments:

Sally said...

Seriously, I've just been thinking how we need to get on that! It's a big job. And if we each do our own sides, I've got much more to do. Not that many people from Mexico were able to come. Sigh. But, I also can't get over how generous people are. It is so nice to have really great stuff and some extra cash right now!

Brady and Brittany said...

I love it! I sent out 80% of mine like 2 months ago, but I don't have stamps for the rest and I need to get some because I only have 1 month left starting today!!! Good job! You are lucky he is helping you because I did them all on my own ha.

Kate said...

And yours are the cutest thank-you's I've ever seen (first time I've put a thank you card on my fridge that I can recall).

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said...

Britt, get on it girl! You're one year is coming up in a few weeks! haha.
And thanks, Katie! My dad designed them for us :)
Sally-- aren't wedding gifts the greatest?! We had so much fun opening them all. I couldn't believe the generosity, either.

Mom said...

You deserve to be proud! I can't tell you how many people here have stopped me and said what sweet thank you's they've gotten from you. They really appreciate that Jeff put a couple of heartfelt lines on them. You two make an old mom proud! And I really liked mine, too!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting