Thursday, November 18, 2010

Every time I see a dog my heart gets super sad and I just want one! About this time last year, we put our sweet dog, Sadie, down. I got really sad about it. Like really sad. It was the first time Jeff ever saw me cry, and I never cry. Ask anyone. He basically didn't know what to do haha. My dad surprised me with how down he got over it (because the first time we brought her home he was NOT happy about it). Her little dog collar still hangs in his rear view mirror. So tender, right? He wouldn't let my mom throw away her food bowl for months after she was gone (it sat in the same spot for years). We got Sadie when when I was about 6 years old. Hello, that's a long time! She was seriously THE best dog ever. My brother, Sam, will try telling you it's HIS dog, because when I was like 9, me and my brothers played a game of Uno and bet Sadie. So whoever won got to keep her.

I try to convince Jeff that we need a dog so we can "practice being parents". baha. He's not fooled.



This was taken the day my mom took her in.

Is it pathetic I'm posting about Sadie? Probably. Bah! But this is like journal ish so whateva.

On a lighter note, I'm just 2 measly math classes short of a lame Associates degree. I know, even more pathetic than dog reminiscing. I honestly have a massive load of hatred for Math. It's strictly a hate hate relationship. That's why when it was the only thing keeping me back from said degree, I said forget it and moved on to Esthetic school-- what I really wanted to do. So, 3 years later I figure I just need to suck it up and DO IT. But it's such a PAAAAIN. The whole process of figuring out which Dixie math classes are equivalent to CSN's, talking to counselors from both schools, being put on hold over the phone for centuries, etc. and I still have yet to sign up for my class. I know, I'm so whiney right now. Math puts me in a terrible mood. I better feel accomplished once I pass these stupid things! okthatsallbye.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry about Sadie :( last year my dog died and it broke my heart. Now I have two dogs and they are like my children! I love them. Just bring one home one day. Jeff will get over it! And I totally agree with you about math. I freaking hate it too!

Brady and Brittany said...

I'm sorry about your dog Carrie!! Super sad. I want a dog too....eventually. PS your blog is SUPER CUTE! How did you do it?

Kate said...

I love that you posted about your old dog. I'm starting to see how a pet can grow in your heart. I knew that happened as a kid but as a mom I thought I'd have enough kids to love that a dog wouldn't really affect me. But I'm already fond of the little guy. Anyway, I hope our kids love him as much as you loved Sadie :)
Good luck with math. You can do it- better now than later!

thinkHP said...

that is so sad, poor sadie :(

ps. I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE math too... bleck! good luck!

Carrie said...

Britt, I'm so hopeless when it comes to blogging. like seriously. I've screwed this thing up and have no clue how to fix it. haha. But I got a plain wide template from yummylolly.com and tried to change it and got the grey-ish flowery background from shabbyblogs.com and it accidentally stayed the wide format with all the gadget things at the very bottom of the page instead of the side bar. I have no clue what I did or how to fix it! haha

Kate said...

I dont know if this will fix it, but if you have a wide blog and you get a background from Shabby blogs be sure to use the 3 column design templates.

Carrie said...

Thanks Katie, but I don't know if I want the wide format! I like it better, but I don't like that all the widget or gadget things are on the very bottom of the page. I tried to go to the Format part of blogger and dragged the little widgets around, but it won't get anywhere.

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting