Thursday, February 17, 2011

The love day.

So, when we picked our wedding date, we just tried to figure out a weekend and Feb. 20th just worked for us. But when we picked it, I didn't really realize that it was going to be our wedding anniversary in ALL the years to come. Yeah, I don't know how that little detail just slipped past me. So Valentine's day will always just be a small thing, because our anniversary is just a few days later and I think that's more important.

So I put together a little somethin' somethin' for Jeff before he came home from work...



I got a huge pack of construction paper from Hobby Lobby for $1.50 (score) and cut out every paper into a million hearts and wrote one reason why I love him on each heart... yeah, Every. Single. Heart. There's more posted on the other walls but they're not all pictured.


Don't be thinking I got him some new lap top or something in that gift bag. Just a t-shirt (which was on sale-- score, again).




Jeff got me some flowers. He got me some tulips because he said he likes my "two lips" haha. And this really cute jewelry box with a little necklace inside. The best part of my gift was my hilarious card. I always look forward to those. My favorite cards to get are just a piece of computer paper folded in half with a funny comic on one side and then the written part on the other side. Jeff makes the funniest comics. I love them. He does this for every card I get, because that's what me and my family do for each other and it's the best thing ever. This comic was "New Discoveries About My Wife", and just different scenarios about me. Sooo funny. And the card itself was so sweetly written.

Then we just went to CPK for dinner and walked over to Borders and drank hot apple cider and read magazines. It was simple and great. Oh, and when we got home, he let me watch The Bachelor :)

It was a fantastic V-day and I just love him more everyday!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

thats soo cute carrie! and i LOVE your wreath!

Ty and Kelli Taylor said...

dang mrs fancy! I took ty to sushi ha! That was my big surprise! ha

Jeff Giles said...

It was really nice. My wife is so creative and thoughtful. Unlike Kelli Taylor.

Carrie said...

In yo face, Kelli!!

Ty and Kelli Taylor said...

Haters! My husband is not needy like Jeffery Giles. He is happy with sushi! Carrie I am sorry you married someone who always has to have something bigger and better... might want to start planning next years big thing now... haha Jokes..but really

thinkHP said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE!

thinkHP said...

ps. the blog is looking STELLAR! YOU ARE PRO! You need to do mine!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting