Monday, February 21, 2011

One Year Down...

I cannot believe we have been married for one year! It has gone by so fast-- can't even believe it. I look back on this past year and think of all that we have done and experienced together and get so happy when I think of the next 60 or 70 years. It's been fun getting used to each other and learning weird things that we didn't know before. It's been a good time, to say the least.

So, we celebrated our anniversary on Friday. After I got off work, I went to my parents house like I always do (mostly to just raid their fridge :) ) When I got there, there was a gift with a note inside. It said...

Happy anniversary!
I will send you a text, so you know what comes next.
So hang at your house til about 6, watch out for Sam he likes to kick.

(haha, my brother)

I was so excited! I love stuff like this. So anyway, around 6:30pm I got this text...



Yeah, I didn't know exactly what place he was talking about, because it could've been a lot of different places. But the first place that I thought of, was the right one. It was the UNLV parking garage because that was one of our first dates-- going longboarding down the parking structure and getting slurpees afterward.

So I got there and another text said "it's under a neon X". I was so excited about this, I loved it haha. So I found an Exit sign and there was another gift under that and Jeff was waiting for me at the top story of the parking garage.

Next, we went to PF Changs because back when we very first started dating, I told him I had never been there before. And he'd say "You haven't?! Well I'll have to take you there!" And a year of dating and a year of marriage later... he finally took me! And it was divine.

Oh, and there was a bag packed beforehand and after dinner we went to the Trump hotel. We love that place. We stayed there the night of our wedding and you can get the best deals there because there's no gambling there, so they give good room rates.

It was great! We slept in and the next day we walked across the street and ate at the Nordstrom's Cafe for some lunch and walked around the mall, then we checked our of our hotel around 4pm.



Sunday night, we went over to my parents house for dinner like we do every week and since this was our actual anniversary we got out the top of our wedding cake and had a piece.



It was a great weekend! I love Jeff and love him more everyday. Even when he beats me at Words With Friends :)


6 comments:

Mom said...

You two just make me happy! Congratulations!

Kate said...

OMG(osh)! What a fun anniversary! I'm so impressed with Jeff for going all out like that.
You don't appreciate how easy it is to get away until you start having little ones- so enjoy!
Oh and Congrats! You guys are adorable :)

Kate said...

How'd the cake taste?

Sally said...

So cute! I think you guys are the first people I've ever known to actually keep the cake for a year. So, as Katie asked, how was it?

Carrie said...

It wasn't bad! We didn't wait for it to thaw all the way, so it was just cold, but I always love some lemon cake!

Amy said...

Cute! He is a good husband. See you in a few!!!!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting