Thursday, February 17, 2011

xo


This is the month of love, so I just wanted to give a little shout out to my man. He's great. That's all. We met back in the summer of '07 (I was 20, he was 26). Jeff had actually gotten my friend's number at a party and he called her and invited "her and her friends" to hang out with him and his roommates. And I was one of the "friends". We just hit it off right away because I told some lame joke that he still remembers. We went out a few times that summer, but didn't really think much of it, because I was moving to Provo at the end of the summer for Esthetic school. We talked every once in awhile for the next year. Mostly just Facebook comments here and there. I moved home in August of the next year to just work and save some money for a few months, because I was set and planning on going to India to travel and work in an orphanage for 3 or 4 months. I went up to Provo to visit friends over General Conference weekend and happened to break my leg Classic Skating (I know, so embarrassing right haha). I was planning on leaving to India 3 weeks from then, but plans changed once I took that graceful fall on the roller rink and had a broken leg for the next 2 months. I ran into Jeff at a Halloween party a few weeks later and just hit it off even better the second time around (leg brace and all); it was pretty funny. So, that was Fall of '09. We've been inseparable ever since! After a year of dating we were engaged and 2 and a half months later married on February 20th. Although, I was pretty upset about breaking my leg, that was for sure was a blessing in the end, because I wouldn't have ever started dating Jeff if I had gone to India (my plan was to move back to Utah after I got back from my excursion). Thank you, Jeff for making me one happy girl every day!

3 comments:

Kate said...

You guys are so cute! Funny how bad/sad things (like breaking a leg) can actually be good/happy things in the end. I love your story. I think I've only heard Jeff's version before which prob. is a little shorter.

Brady and Brittany said...

I love it! Classic skate had an eternal impact on both of our lives. That is where brady and I met haha

Amy said...

great story!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting