Wednesday, April 6, 2011

30 never looked so good...


I realized I never posted about Jeff's birthday. Well... Jeff turned the big 30 on March 19! Can't even believe it! We met when he was 26 and it doesn't even seem that long ago!

So, the morning of he came downstairs and I had his breakfast all made for him. That is my 55 cent banner, haha. I'm not crafty or patient enough to sew the cute looking fabric ones. The birthday menu consisted of French toast and bacon (turkey bacon... don't really recommend it ha). Also, the smoke alarm went off while I was so graciously preparing breakfast. I'd like to think I am ok in the kitchen, but apparently French toast is quite the ordeal.

A few weeks before his birthday, I asked Jeff what he wanted/wanted to do for his birthday. He said, "I just want a basketball. And I want to go laser tagging with my friends." I wasn't sure if this was his 12th birthday or his 30th. Haha. So, on the table was two shirts and a basketball.



Since it was a Saturday, I had to work. After work, I came home and blindfolded him and put him in the car. On the way to our destination, I picked up my Take-out order for BJ's. He promised he wouldn't peek. So I continued the drive out to Lake Mead and had him wait in the car while I set up our little picnic. I figured this was something fun and different than just going to a restaurant. He was pretty surprised when I took off his blindfold. The weather was overcast and kind of windy, so no one else was out there. It was fun being secluded and eating right on the water!



Our fancy meal. I tried to light the candle, but it kept blowing out in the wind.
Jeff was really hoping for a pair of shoes, so I hung on to those to open on our picnic. He was happy about them, because he didn't think I had gotten them.



After Lake Mead, we went to see the movie Limitless. It was good! I of course was just going to go to the movie that Jeff wanted to see, and that's what he chose. I pretty much don't like any movie I watch (I don't know what it is...), but I actually didn't hate it! It was good. Jeff loved it, so I was happy.



The next week, we got some friends together to go laser tagging. It was so fun! We now love that place. My brother, Sam, won by a long shot. I came in dead last... by a LONG shot. It was pretty pathetic, ha, but a lot of fun.

Since me, Christina and Mel coincidentally wore black shirts, we formed an alliance-- The Black Ninjas. But... considering my score, it didn't help me much!


After laser tagging we went back to our house and played basketball with everyone and had ice cream and root beer floats.


I wanted post this list on his actual birthday, but it got busy.


I love Jeff because...

1. he is my favorite person to be around.
2. he is a master movie/tv show quoter. He can remember anything even if he only saw it once.
3. if I ever asked him for a favor, he does it quickly and doesn't complain ever.
4. he's the hardest worker I know. About anything. ie- work, church, projects, cleaning, etc
5. he is very spiritual and teaches me always.
6. he LOVES his family so much and it's so tender.
7. I love every 6'4 inches of him. I was always hoping for a tall husband and I got him!
8. he can carry on a conversation with any type of person.
9. he is the best public speaker.
10. he is the Dr. to my Pepper.
11. he fills up the gas tank for me while I wait in the car.
12. he doesn't hate my cooking. If he does, he pretends to like it.
13. he has never ever raised his voice at me.
14. he can drive stick shift, and I find it soo attractive.
15. he's a ponderer. Always thinks before he says anything and reflects on what he can do to improve.
16. no matter how late it is or how tired we are, he always says, "let's say prayers."
17. he's so complimentary and knows words of affirmation is my love language :)
18. he's a great listener
19. he'll go see really lame romantic comedies with me, because he knows I want to. Even when they end up being sooo dumb and we just laugh about it afterward.
20. he is so knowledgeable about politics and current events.
21. we have the same favorite Modern Family character.
22. he makes me laugh. hard.
23. he doesn't get mad when my side of the closet is messy. he just never says anything about it when I know it irritates him.
24. he would do anything if he knew that it made me happy.
25. he treats me like a goddess pretty much even when I don't deserve it.
26. he's so patient
27. he is the best ping pong player ever.
28. we are always thinking the same thing. we just look at each other and know what the other person is thinking.
29. he grows a beard out just for me.
30. he's the best husband in the world!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday, Jeff! Love you!

5 comments:

Ryan and Lettice Barnum said...

I love your list of why you love Jeff. It is very sweet! Ryan and I love laser tag. :) Happy belated birthday to Jeff!

Miranda said...

Great post. Love my brother! Glad he found you. Looks like it was a great birthday thanks to you.

Kate said...

That is so sweet Carrie! You guys are awesome together :) Love your picnic idea.

thinkHP said...

I'm in love with your blog! AND THIS POST!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!! I'm so sad I couldn't laser tag, heart hurt... but I'm glad there was documentation!

J. said...

Hi Carrie,
In the midst of blog surfing I came across your blog and was wondering if you could help me with a project. For my husband and my 5th anniversary, I'm trying to get pictures from as many different states and countries as I can with a person from that location holding a sign that says
Janae loves Jeff in ____________

I was wondering if you would do a picture from Las Vegas for me?

my blog: jscrapalex.blogspot.com
flickr group for this project: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1617848@N25/members/

Let me know! Thanks!
Janae
janaepalmer{at}gmail{dot}com

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting