Monday, April 25, 2011

So, last Sunday morning I woke up suddenly and told Jeff about the very clear dream I had that night. I dreamt that he got released from his calling as a Primary teacher (we both teach the 4 year olds together). I joked and told him he abandoned me and left me all alone with our class.

Well, lo and behold that SAME day, Jeff and I were sitting in sharing time as usual and an unknown man came up to our row and asked to talk to Jeff in the hall. He came back and said he had a meeting with the Stake President later on that week! My nightmare came true! (Ok, I'm being a little dramatic, but we have just really loved teaching our little class together. It's been so fun!)

So, Thursday rolled around and Jeff came home from his meeting with a freaked out look on his face and sat down on the edge of the bed with a blank stare as we had the following conversation, or something like it:

"What?! Tell me!"
".........." [blank stare, buries his face in his hands]
"Tell me! I'm dying!!"
"... Bro. Rosequist is moving...." (a counselor in the Bishopric)
"WHAT?! This has got to be a joke!"
"I wish it was. I'm too young! I mean, I'm 30, but that's too young!"
(this is where I got ridiculous) "But we're newlyweds!! This has to be a joke!!"  haha
"I'm just kidding, I'm a counselor in the Elder's Quorum Presidency"

Haha. I felt dumb. The real calling suddenly felt like NOTHING after I had so graciously overreacted about the fake calling. It was funny. He had me going for a while and it was so believable.

Anyway, so that's all. I'm just sad to know that Jeff won't be teaching with me anymore! Yesterday was the first day I was by myself with the class and I had to tell them that he won't be their teacher anymore and he's with all their Dads just down the hall. And they were seriously so sad! One girl had tears forming in her eyes as she said, "But I'm gonna miss Bro. Giles!" It was so sweet.

I'm just excited that I wasn't released, too.  I loooove those kids.
I know this is going to be a big job for Jeff, but I know he will be great at it! I have seriously already felt an increase of the Spirit in our home,  because I feel like the Lord was completely aware of Jeff and the both of us when he was called into this calling.



And no, I'm not claiming that I foresaw this change happening because of my dream, it was just a funny coincidence.


6 comments:

Sally said...

Whatever, you're so prescient! I always wish I had dreams or strong feelings of things that we're going to happen. My mother in law is like that, but I just don't think that's my gift.
Congrats to Jeff on the calling. He'll be great at it!

ashley said...

WHATEVER. you totally have psychic powers! i wanna schedule my palm reading asap.

oh and my cousin is married to bro rosequists son. thats all.

Kate said...

Leave it to Jeff to trick you like that! Bugger! I'm with them- I think you have intuition :)

Ryan and Lettice Barnum said...

Hi Carrie! I'm trying to get a hold of all of Ryan's friends for this anniversary gift I want to make him and I was wondering if you have Jess and Brady's email address by chance? I was able to find Jeff's in Ryan's email contacts, but not Brady's. Thanks! My email address is letticembarnum@gmail.com

thinkHP said...

BAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
that's amazing.
ps. let's play next week
xoxo
hp

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

That is pretty crazy you had a dream about this and this happened haha :)

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting