Thursday, April 14, 2011

I made a dress!

I'm no seamstress, but I saw this dress tutorial on this blog -- it didn't look too hard to make, so I tried it and it wasn't that bad! Actually easier than making pajama pants (which is the extent of my sewing experience). I'm sick of how expensive church clothes are, so I thought what the heck. I'll try this.

It was so easy, because you take a shirt and cut it to where you want the bottom to start and then you just sew fabric to it to make it into a dress. No messing with trying to make sleeves and whatnot. As I was looking through my closet, I couldn't find anything that I wanted to cut or make it into a dress, so off to the thrift store I went and found this shirt for a couple dollars. I also found that belt for a couple dollars and thought it might be cute with it, then off to Joann's to find some fabric I liked.





I love the dark teal/ mustard yellow combo! The tutorial had a little sash to go with it. Couldn't decide between having a sash or the belt. What do you think?



Love this fabric. Had some scraps left over. Maybe make some fabric flowers with it?


Anyway, I thought it turned out pretty cute... and it was cheap. Next time, maybe I'll make the A-line skirt with pockets. But I'm pretty proud of myself for starting something and actually finishing it!

5 comments:

Matt and Laura Cutler said...

UH-DOOR-ABLE. Seriously that's amazing!! And you look so freaking good girl!!! Maybe I'll have you show me how that's done when I get back to normal sizes and what not. Hopefully that's soon. The fabric you picked out is awesome. Man, you're good.

Jeff Giles said...

I have the most beautiful wife!

Brady and Brittany said...

Um HELLO!!! That's so cute!!!!!! You are crafty. i love it.

Miranda said...

Sweet! Love the fabric. Great idea!

thinkHP said...

I never saw this post!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW that's amazing!!! I can't believe you made that!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting