Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fooled.

So, yesterday I decided I was feeling really nice so I woke up extra early to make breakfast for Jeff and I. This never happens, because... well... I hate waking up in the morning! So, I make breakfast burritos for Jeff and call him downstairs and he's shocked that I had done this, haha. He left before I did per usual and I left a few minutes later and before I sit down, I see this...

I had totally forgotten it was April Fool's Day until I saw that thing. I chuckled to myself and took a picture of it, so I could text it to Jeff to say, "Nice try at your lame joke" or something. But I was running late for work and would do it later. So I turn the car on and ALL THIS CONFETTI is shooting out from all the air vents!! I'm like laughing so hard because he totally got me. Jeff had been hiding behind the driveway and came running up to me after I gotten "confetti-ized" laughing so hard at me.




So, all day at work I'm trying to think of something I could get him back with! I couldn't think of anything good. After work, I had my brother write this note....


"Sorry about the dent. Give me a call so we can swap insurance info. Travis 702-452-0083"

That night we went out to eat for our date night and during the meal I said I had to use the restroom and secretly ran outside to put the note on the windshield of our car.

As we were walking back to our car, he immediately spotted the note and grabbed it and was all, "Ahh, a dent?! You have got to be kidding me!!" And he's searching around the whole car to find this so-called dent. He found a small scratch that had been there since before we got married and was like, "this has to be it". He was so annoyed. It was so funny. So we spent the next 20 minutes talking about how "Travis is an idiot, and how could someone hit another car in a practically empty parking lot", etc.

I encouraged him to call "Travis", since you should take care of something like this right away. But he insisted on taking care of it the next morning so he "could see it in broad daylight and have a pen and paper in hand to take down all his information."

This is Jeff calling "Travis" the next day hahaha. The number on the note is to one of my friend's house. The answering machine luckily was her dad and didn't say their names. So he left his message... "Hi, Travis, this is Jeff Giles. I'm calling about the dent you left on my car. I appreciate you leaving that note..." yada yada yada. I'm laughing, trying to discretely take this picture...


After he hung up, I told him it was a joke. I'm crying because I'm laughing so hard (it's not even that funny, really... I guess I think I'm hilarious?) So he calls back to leave ANOTHER message to say to disregard his last one.


Got you back! Next year will be better...

6 comments:

Kate said...

No Carrie you were right- that was HILARIOUS! I was almost crying laughing reading this. Haha JEFF! I gotta remember this one. (Is it just me or is Jeff's middle finger a little too prominent).

Miranda said...

Yes! Joke on the jokester. I love it. That was brilliant.

Unknown said...

lol Love it!

ashley said...

not even kidding...doug has been doing that exact same joke for the past couple of weeks. its from some comedian..lord stewy? i dont even know..but he puts the notes on cars and watches them do circles around the car looking for the dent...and then cracks up at himself...while i look at him like he's a freak...whats new? he even did it to janes car! but really...good job on getting him...i need to tell doug to start leaving his phone number!

Amy said...

Hahaha that is way funny he didn't tell me that part of the day! Good job!

Sally said...

I LOVED this, too! I was also almost crying reading it. Such a good one! You guys are so fun. We didn't do anything for April Fools. It's all new to Eter, so he has an excuse, but I was just lame.

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting